Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Music

2. My favorite song is What a Wonderful World by Luis Armstrong. I don’t connect this song with any particular person, event, or place. I think that it is just a great song that puts me in a good mood and puts a smile on my face.
3. My taste in music has definitely changed over the years. At the beginning of high school my taste in music was whatever was “trending” at the time. As in, the top pop hits and popular rap songs because I thought I was pretty cool back then. Now my taste leans more to the alternative side and older songs. I enjoy the songs that make you think and feel and are not derogatory in anyway. The best songs are the ones that remind you of a person/event or make you feel good, not the ones that are nonsense and mean.
4. I gravitate to the older and alternative songs. I think this is because of the kind of music that my family listens to. We listen to a lot of blues in particular because we are from Tulsa OK and my god father (Ace Moerland) was a blues artists. I do not like rap or heavy metal because you cannot understand either of them and they are unpleasant. I don’t understand how people sit and listen to either of them.
10. Heavy metal and that Screaming stuff (whatever people call it) should never be tolerated by ANYONE. I dated a guy for a year and half during my last two years of high school who listen to a lot of heavy metal. I would never let him play it in the car when I was with him, I hated it! The few times that he would try to play it around me, it was the worst few seconds of my life. Why would anyone want to listen to people screaming through their car speakers? There is nothing pleasant or enjoyable about that. I can almost understand that certain people can relate to it but I never did see how my boyfriend could relate to it so I found it to be extremely obnoxious,
15. I would never never never ever want to sing professionally because I sound like a dying animal for the most part… maybe I’m tone death! It’s that bad… anyways everyone would leave after the first song which would be pretty embarrassing. 

This is a picture of one of my God Father's CDs



1 comment:

  1. Very cool that you have a big time musician in your family! I didn't know you are from Tulsa. I was born in Muskogee and still have lots of family there in OK.

    ReplyDelete