Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Writers as readers

1. In order for me to be comfortable when I read I need a warm and quite environment. I like to be in comfy close like sweats and of course I have to have somewhere soft and comfy to sit with plenty of lighting! The perfect place for me to read is in my bed with all of my lights on while wearing comfy clothes. 2. I have to be honest here, I am a sucker for cheesy love stories. I am not exactly sure why I am attracted to these kinds of books. Maybe it is the fact that they are easier to relate to or maybe it is all of the drama that they entail or the perfect relationships that the characters have. But I can never put these books down! 5. The book that I read that I just could not put down was, of course, Fault in our Stars. I know how cliché that sounds but hey it’s a good book! It’s a perfect tragic love story of a young couple who falls in love and it tells all of their struggles of their perfect love… so of course that’s why I couldn’t put it down! Oh if only I could love someone like Hazel Grace loves Augustus! For one of my English classes I was forced against my will to read the book The Long Shadow of Little Rock. Don’t get me wrong, I understand that it was a very significant event in history that students should learn and read about but it does not have to be told in such a dry and drawn out manner! 9. When I finished reading The Best of Me I was both angry and sad because the ending was just absolutely uncalled for! I will not say why exactly because I do not want to spoil it for anyone but I was very disappointed when the book did not end as I expected. 12. I definitely think that someone who reads a lot would become a strong writer. I think that we pick up vocabulary while reading books if we are reading the right books! I don’t believe that someone will become a better writer by reading Nicholas Sparks or John Green (Although I do not know why someone would ever read something that these amazing writers did not write!). But if we read classic and challenging novels we usually have to pick up vocabulary in order to understand the text.

1 comment:

  1. I am a big fan of John Green, too, and I can see why so many people love and identify with his work. He captures so much of what it's like to be a teenager, but in such a smart, creative way that isn't so cheesy and cliche.

    ReplyDelete