Friday, February 6, 2015

Dream Threads

I was stuck, paralyzed and petrified as he stalked through the shadows, his knife gleaming in the moonlight. I had no idea who he was or what he wanted or why I was even in the woods in the first place; all I knew is that he was after me. I was finally able to run after realizing that it was the only way to stay alive. So I ran. I ran as fast as I could through the dark, unfamiliar woods. I could barely see as I tried to find some glimpse of hope, anything that could help me escape. I trip on a tree root and as I looked back, I saw that he was gaining on me. He had almost reached me. I stumbled onto my feet and began to run again. I was out of breath and terrified. I came to a hiding place where a tree had fallen and ducked out of sight. Slowing my breath and trying to stay quiet and hidden, he ran past me. A little of relief came over me; he did not see me hide in the darkness. Then I heard a noise close by; an animal noise. I then realized that the man was not the only danger that I needed to worry about. I could hear growling and pounding against the floor as the creature neared even closer.

2 comments:

  1. So many threats in this scary place...I like how you linked these two lines to show that sometimes there's even more to be afraid of that we initially thought.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its enthralling and descriptive to the point I feel like this is the start of a book and a good one at that!

    P.S: Reminds me of Slender-man and other scary things. You have a real talent for descriptive writing!

    ReplyDelete